Hi there, remember me? I wrote a blog post about a month ago…it was very short and it said (basically) nothing about anything. Well…now I’m back, with a slightly longer, hopefully more informative post. And it’s all about…me!
I don’t mean for that to sound vain, I just want you, the reader, to get to know me before my book comes out. These facts might be a little quirky and they’re definitely VERY random, but I hope they help you get a better idea of me, the girl behind the blog.
This is my real “about” page, the description that shows you who I AM, not what I’ve done or what I hope to do. This is me, your quirky, old-school author, in all of her geeky glory.
the REAL about me page
- I do not have a To Be Read list. I have a pile. A jumble. A very disorganized collection of books (both purchased and in my Amazon cart) with no rhyme nor reason to them. I have books in multiple genres, by every author out there, and, most often, I don’t care which one I start next as long as I’M READING
- I hate coffee. And soda. And most kinds of tea. Basically, I don’t drink anything stronger than chamomile. Or water. Water is good.
- Until I launched my online “author presence” I had no use for social media. Now, thanks to a few paid photography jobs, I’m an Instagram nerd. I’ve yet to decide whether this is a good thing or not.
- I live in the Pacific Northwest and I LOVE rain. Just because I’m an Oregonian, though, does NOT mean I work on a farm OR hang out with lumberjacks. I live in a perfectly normal neighborhood (except for those cows…) in a perfectly normal city (except for the mills everywhere…) and I…oh, what’s the use? Roseburg is Oregon at its finest. Good thing I’m a fan.
- I live in Oregon but part of me is an honorary Hawaiian (at least, I think so). It doesn’t matter that I’ve only been there three times. I love the crashing waves; the joyful, laid-back culture; the beauty of the tropics; the whales; oh, and the food. Drool.
- I love music. I play music (violin, viola, cello, piano, and–someday–ukulele), listen to music, and, when I’m not doing either of those things, I usually have a song stuck in my head. At my house, we have the radio on practically 24/7 and some of my favorite songs are by We are Messengers, For King and Country, Micah Tyler, the Afters, and Danny Gokey. I also like (clean) 70’s rock, straight from my mom’s childhood, and listen to select songs by Kansas, Journey, Chicago, Fleetwood Mac, and the like.
- I love English muffins. Possibly too much. I like them crisp, yet still soft in the middle, with plenty of butter. And warm. They have to be warm.
- I’m homeschooled, which does NOT mean I sit around and do nothing all day. I love school and enjoy hard work. Especially since, this year, I have extra time set aside for writing.
- Jesus is my Lord and Savior and I wish I could become more like Him in every area of my life.
- I love to write but am often veeery long-winded, which is why I will stop writing. Now.